Friday, August 20, 2010

Anybody good with photoshop...?

oh my goodness jeez. this is frustrating me SO MUCH! Ok, so I'm trying to outline a picture in Photoshop, using the pen tool. I get my anchor set and try to ''Stroke Path,'' but when I right-click, ''Stroke Path'' is gray, so I can't click on it. How can I fix this?!



Anybody good with photoshop...?agv



If I'm understanding you correctly, you have to ''stroke path'' first.



With the pen tool selected, go to ''Windows'' and click options if the options box isn't checked already. In the options panel, three buttons from the far left, you should see a pen tip surronded by a box. When you mouse over it, it should say ''paths.'' That's what you're looking for, I hope. If my directions doesn't make sense, just let me know and I'll try and rephrase it, because it's kinda confusing me...



If that's not what you're looking for, sorry :(



Anybody good with photoshop...?antivirus software



are you on the correct layer? if you have multiple layers and you're not on the correct one most of the tools won't work. very common mistake.
Because strokes only work on images, not on paths or the selections you make out of a path.



If you are using Photoshop CS1 or newer, I suggest you use the stroke blending effect from the layers window, just right click a layer and choose Blending Effects and pick stroke and customize. Unlike the classic stroke, this one isn't permenate and can be edited in the future.



As far as your problem, perhaps you need to make your selection from your path by going to the paths window, right click and choose ''Make Selection''. Then go to Selection %26gt; Modify %26gt; Border and choose a value and fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment